Skip to main content

Hurricanes and rainbows- An Ode to 2016

 



I've heard it said that some of the prettiest rainbows you will ever see, will be after a hurricane has happened.


That statement for me perfectly sums up my 2016 


My New Years resolution for 2016 was literally " don't die" 

So the storm was already pounding down hard.


But During 2016 there were days were I could feel myself fading away, and would pray with all my Might that I could live another day.


And for the first time in my life. In 2016 There were days that I would pray for my life to end because I just couldn't take being so sick anymore.



During 2016 the storm literally became so strong, that it almost washed me away. 


But as promised, there is always a rainbow after every storm.


Angels were sent my way during 2016.

When I wanted to die, and I was crying harder than I ever had before in a tiny hospital chapel.

Heavenly Father showed me that there was so so much to live for.


During 3 of the hardest months of my life. 

Where I was thousands of miles away from home, scared, and being poked and prodded like a lab rat at the Mayo Clinic.. with not a single answer to be found.


Heavenly Father brought me miracles. 


And in those 3 incredibly hard months, 

I was given amazing new friendships, 

Mountains of amazing memories with my mom. 

And Bundles of joy in the hardest of circumstances. 


In 2016, by accident I found a treatment that works.

No one knows why prednisone is such a life saver. 


But for the first time in 3 years. I have cheeks, my arms aren't covered in bruises,  I was able to eat thanksgiving dinner. I. Can eat 

I don't have to go to the hospital every 3 days for IV nutrition, 


And for the first time in 3 years.. I have an amazing team of doctors by my side. And I'm not currently dying. 

I can't tell you how big of a blessing that is .


In 2016 I was able to go on IV free adventures,  experience new things, and go to new places.


I had some weird experiences.. like going on a blind date where I was pretty sure I was going to die ( long story 😂) pooping out a water balloon,  and having to poop on a live action X-ray toilet In front of the worlds weirdest nurse ( even longer story) 



Some once in a life time experiences 

Like hunting for sea glass on a steam punk themed island, living in a tiny hotel room  in Arizona where there was a literal man hunt going on outside.

and going to an AMAZING Selina Gomez concert. 


And to many beautiful experiences to count.


2016 knocked me to my lowest point, and has rebuilt me, mentally, physically, spiritually, and emotionally into someone stronger.


I'm pretty sure that In my life there will always rain. 


But I'm repairing from the tsunami 


And  this New Year's Eve, as I sit surrounded by family, celebrating a new little life. 


I'm eternally grateful for the rainbows  this year has brought me.


I don't know what 2017 is going too bring. 

But I'm ready and excited to see what life throws my way.


I hope you have a VERY happy new year, and always SMILE ON! ❤😊











 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Smile Magee! TYSM for being such an inspiration to me, and to others!
    I've just barely started setting up my own blog here on blogger and i will make one on FaceBook (if and when i figure it out) and on Instagram
    Sm;)e On🌈☁️

    {Bipolar Bear 🐼}

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Smile Magee History... When I discovered I wasn't like every other kid

For my first blog post ( yay! :D )  I'm going to throw it way back in Smile Magee History to when I was 8 years old and discovered that I wasn't like every other kid. I honestly don't remember a day when I wasn't in pain. For as long as I can remember Parts of my body always hurt.  I knew that since I was always super tall for my age, the dr told my parents that as I stopped growing taller. My muscles would finally catch up me and I would end up being a bit less spastic, and for example be  able to finally catch a ball when it was thrown to me . So I thought that  possibly  as I grew older, and as my muscles caught up with my height, that the pain just might go away. I have to admit  A huge part of me thought since my body always hurt, mabey everyone else's bodies hurt to.  In second grade I learned that wasn't the case...  It was a picture perfect spring day. I was in an elementary PE class that was accurately named named "fit kids" Our

Dear future husband: From a girl with chronic illness

I saw a blog that was a girls letter to her future husband. I honestly i just couldn't relate to it. So I decided to get real tonight and write my own version of it. I hope you can relate. And I hope it reminds you that you deserve true love. Someone who holds on to his end of in sickness in health. Who will love you for better for worse and for eternity. Fight for your fairytale and smile on.  Dear future husband : I'm so excited for you. I pray for you often. But in all honesty I fear you. I fear you won't be able to handle " all this". That you will love the lanky outgoing girl with a bright smile. But you won't be able to handle this monster of an invisible illness that I've carried with me most of my life.. I fear that you will love me at my best. But not to be able to handle me at my worst, and believe me there are going to be a lot of medical worst.  Some of the easier times will be hours  spent in Hospitals and Drs offices. There will be ti