Skip to main content

Am I the peacock falling down the stairs ?!


My freshman year of high school I did 

“ speech and debate “ 


They wanted me to give these long talks called “ oratories “ which are basically EXACTLY what I do ( and love to do ) with my life now .

Where you sit down and tell the audience a  long on topic story .

( mine was on the power of positivity )?


I actually made it to state in oratory when I wrote my talk a WEEK before region . 


I was naturally talented at it , and didn’t want to even admit I was talented at it ..  because I joined speech and debate to fight with people 😂😂.


My soul purpose of joining was literally just to verbally spar.

And being a naturally kind person . 

I was pretty terrible at at 😂.

I mean don’t get me wrong .. I could get mean .  But not mean enough to win .  ( highschoolers are VICIOUS creatures lol ) 


One of my FAVORITE events to compete in was called 

“ Congress “. ( I believe )


Basically you come in with a “ Bill “ prepared 

( I believe mine was stricter punishments for those who abuse animals)

Depending on the rules of the event that day the bill could be as ridiculous or realistic as you want it to be . 


And then as a big group of mouthy teenagers . 

You play politician and argue if the bill should pass or not .


( It was a BLAST )


My first time doing it , the speech meet was on Halloween .  So we were all in costume . 


The girl who led the congress was an upper class men from another school . 

Who was dressed as a peacock 🦚. It was an adorable costume .

Came with feathers and all .


But MAN ALIVE was she the  human embodiment of that costume . 


She was strutting her stuff the entire time ,  made EVERY debate a personal attack ,   And in my 15 year old perspective. She was one of the rudest people I had EVER met . 


Later in the day ,  My friend and I were walking back after lunch to the next “Congress “ session .


And infront of us ,  we saw that same prissy rude “ peacock  holding her Starbucks high . “ walking with her nose in the air “


And then she biffed it. 


I mean . Utterly ATE it down what seemed to be a flight of cement stairs. 


Foam from her Frappuccino  was flying EVERYWHERE as she fell . Coffee and a bit of blood  were smeared on her feathers as she aggressivly screeched at the girls around her who were trying to help her .



As soon as she stormed away . 

( and the shock wore off )


My friend and I just BUSTED up laughing,  like sides aching , tears rolling down your face kind of laughter 


Don’t get me wrong ,  we were HORRIBLE for laughing that hard .


But with how cruel that girl was .

It was seriously like we were watching a video demonstration on karma unfold before our very eyes .


Seriously from that day on I became a FIRM believer in Karma


Because after that perfect demonstration.. how could you not ?! 


Years later my friend and would still DM eachother 

“ sometimes I still think about a peacock falling down the stairs “


And each time I got a message from her that said that I would DIE of laughter. 


Tonight I found myself thinking about that moment ,

Thinking about that “peacock .”


And with the crappy week I’ve been having 

 

( Today my body decided to add increased pain , cold chills , and severe congestion to my list of medical woes ( for real just sitting up is exhausting ).  


I froze and thought .


“ Am I the peacock falling down the stairs ?! 


Is THIS AWFUL week.. some form of Karma .


I mean . Ok ,  I can be a bit sassy when I really don’t feel good ,  and I’ve sworn more lately than I have in a LONG time 😂😅.


But they say “ you do good you will be blessed ?”  Right .


This week has had good in it . 

But has been the opposite of good . 


Am I the freaking peacock?! 

Did I do something to cause this ?! “


But then  I had this still small voice remind me 

That  “ The prosperity gospel “

Isn’t a thing .

God doesn’t work that way .


If he only praised the pure .

And threw lightning at the sinners 


The majority of us would be on fire 🔥.


Sometimes, bad things, Bad days , bad weeks , bad health . 

Just happens .

And it no way reflects on how good of a person you are . 


#smileon🐷








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smile Magee History... When I discovered I wasn't like every other kid

For my first blog post ( yay! :D )  I'm going to throw it way back in Smile Magee History to when I was 8 years old and discovered that I wasn't like every other kid. I honestly don't remember a day when I wasn't in pain. For as long as I can remember Parts of my body always hurt.  I knew that since I was always super tall for my age, the dr told my parents that as I stopped growing taller. My muscles would finally catch up me and I would end up being a bit less spastic, and for example be  able to finally catch a ball when it was thrown to me . So I thought that  possibly  as I grew older, and as my muscles caught up with my height, that the pain just might go away. I have to admit  A huge part of me thought since my body always hurt, mabey everyone else's bodies hurt to.  In second grade I learned that wasn't the case...  It was a picture perfect spring day. I was in an elementary PE class that was accurately named named "fit kids" Our

Hurricanes and rainbows- An Ode to 2016

  I've heard it said that some of the prettiest rainbows you will ever see, will be after a hurricane has happened. That statement for me perfectly sums up my 2016  My New Years resolution for 2016 was literally " don't die"  So the storm was already pounding down hard. But During 2016 there were days were I could feel myself fading away, and would pray with all my Might that I could live another day. And for the first time in my life. In 2016 There were days that I would pray for my life to end because I just couldn't take being so sick anymore. During 2016 the storm literally became so strong, that it almost washed me away.  But as promised, there is always a rainbow after every storm. Angels were sent my way during 2016. When I wanted to die, and I was crying harder than I ever had before in a tiny hospital chapel. Heavenly Father showed me that there was so so much to live for. During 3 of the hardest months of my life.  Where I was tho

Dear future husband: From a girl with chronic illness

I saw a blog that was a girls letter to her future husband. I honestly i just couldn't relate to it. So I decided to get real tonight and write my own version of it. I hope you can relate. And I hope it reminds you that you deserve true love. Someone who holds on to his end of in sickness in health. Who will love you for better for worse and for eternity. Fight for your fairytale and smile on.  Dear future husband : I'm so excited for you. I pray for you often. But in all honesty I fear you. I fear you won't be able to handle " all this". That you will love the lanky outgoing girl with a bright smile. But you won't be able to handle this monster of an invisible illness that I've carried with me most of my life.. I fear that you will love me at my best. But not to be able to handle me at my worst, and believe me there are going to be a lot of medical worst.  Some of the easier times will be hours  spent in Hospitals and Drs offices. There will be ti