Skip to main content

How Does God Turn Us into Superhero’s ?

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1oRRJ4JpHPsn9E8d7OGeJik544l1kYeOz




So 2 years ago. At my branches relief society birthday.. I had to give a talk about superhero’s..  and when I was given that topic.


I had one question on my mind.


“ How does God turn us into superhero’s? “ 


And it was a question that planted firmly on my mind because the week before I was diagnosed with a rare form of sarcoma DFSP... and felt utterly terrified.  The furthest thing from how a super hero is suppose to feel. 


So I decided to base my talk on that question that wouldn’t leave my head .. and I wrote.. until I found the answer 


Im starting  the process of getting all of my published ( and unpublished ) blog post on to my personal blog.


And on this honestly horrific day.. 

I needed these words that “past me” 

Had to say.   And I hope they will help you to.. 




“ Because we are daughters of our Heavenly Father, we are already princesses. 

But how does God turn us into Super heroes  ? 


How can a "mear mortal" like myself. Turn into something that extraordinary. 


How can I become a superhero? 


I've debated if I should go Out and get bit by a radio active spider, or jump into a vat of radioactive waste.

Or just possibly buy some pretty sweet tights and a legit decked out cape  and wear them on the daily to achieve this goal.


But then I realized being a super hero is MUCH more than that. 


I firmly believe that Being a superhero pretty much boils down to how much we use our FREE AGENCY. 


I came to this conclusion...

Because if you really think about it, the really great superheros.. they have all risen from catastrophe! 


I mean . The Axis of Evil threatening the planet made Wonder Woman rise up. The Hulk was born out of a radiation spill, and he became the strongest man on the planet. Bruce Wayne's parents were shot down in front of him in cold blood, and he became Batman. Kal-El's world exploded... literally... and he became Superman. 


These superheroes went through some completely TERRIBLE. LIFE changing things. 


But Wonder women didn't have a major freak out, drop everything and run away to the next planet because her foe was to big to fight:



the Hulk Just didn't sit around for the rest of his life whining and complaining  because " it's not easy being green" 


Superman  didn't spend all his days being bitter, and mourning the home he lost, and the life he never got to have, and how different he truly was from everyone else.



And BATMAN! 

After watching his parents get murdered batman had all the reason in the world to loose his faith in humanity and use his finical wealth to become one of the Most powerful  villains In Gotham 


But each of these superheroes made the personal choice to find beauty and to do good because of or even inspite of their darkest hour   


Thomas S. Monson was COMPLETELY right when he told us that 

" Decisions determine destiny" 


Every time we recieve terrible news, every time we hit a fork in the road, every time Satan whispers in our ear and BEGs us to choose the wrong.


We are getting a chance to build and use our super powers. 


Because every time we go forward with faith, even though life as we know it seems to be tumbling to the ground. 


Every time we ignore Satan. And make the harder right choice, instead of the easier wrong.


Every time we serve others, and worry about others happiness,  instead of selfishly focusing on ourselves.


Those are the moments we are truly superheroes.


During this life we truly all are just superheroes in training. 


So every time you have a rough moment in this life.

Remember, God isn't punishing you. 


He is giving you the chance to become something greater.


He is giving you the chance to use your superpowers.


#smileon🐷 “ 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1mPTLZqGpblUpjuVJ-yx_Jb8iAZAKcEqh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smile Magee History... When I discovered I wasn't like every other kid

For my first blog post ( yay! :D )  I'm going to throw it way back in Smile Magee History to when I was 8 years old and discovered that I wasn't like every other kid. I honestly don't remember a day when I wasn't in pain. For as long as I can remember Parts of my body always hurt.  I knew that since I was always super tall for my age, the dr told my parents that as I stopped growing taller. My muscles would finally catch up me and I would end up being a bit less spastic, and for example be  able to finally catch a ball when it was thrown to me . So I thought that  possibly  as I grew older, and as my muscles caught up with my height, that the pain just might go away. I have to admit  A huge part of me thought since my body always hurt, mabey everyone else's bodies hurt to.  In second grade I learned that wasn't the case...  It was a picture perfect spring day. I was in an elementary PE class that was accurately named named "fit kids" Our

Hurricanes and rainbows- An Ode to 2016

  I've heard it said that some of the prettiest rainbows you will ever see, will be after a hurricane has happened. That statement for me perfectly sums up my 2016  My New Years resolution for 2016 was literally " don't die"  So the storm was already pounding down hard. But During 2016 there were days were I could feel myself fading away, and would pray with all my Might that I could live another day. And for the first time in my life. In 2016 There were days that I would pray for my life to end because I just couldn't take being so sick anymore. During 2016 the storm literally became so strong, that it almost washed me away.  But as promised, there is always a rainbow after every storm. Angels were sent my way during 2016. When I wanted to die, and I was crying harder than I ever had before in a tiny hospital chapel. Heavenly Father showed me that there was so so much to live for. During 3 of the hardest months of my life.  Where I was tho

Dear future husband: From a girl with chronic illness

I saw a blog that was a girls letter to her future husband. I honestly i just couldn't relate to it. So I decided to get real tonight and write my own version of it. I hope you can relate. And I hope it reminds you that you deserve true love. Someone who holds on to his end of in sickness in health. Who will love you for better for worse and for eternity. Fight for your fairytale and smile on.  Dear future husband : I'm so excited for you. I pray for you often. But in all honesty I fear you. I fear you won't be able to handle " all this". That you will love the lanky outgoing girl with a bright smile. But you won't be able to handle this monster of an invisible illness that I've carried with me most of my life.. I fear that you will love me at my best. But not to be able to handle me at my worst, and believe me there are going to be a lot of medical worst.  Some of the easier times will be hours  spent in Hospitals and Drs offices. There will be ti